Dr. C.V. Raman University came into existence with its inaugurated on October 14th, 2007
by Hon. Shri Suresh Pachouri (Minister of State for Personnel and Parliamentary Affairs
Government of India). This was done in the august presence of Senior Ministers of GoCG
like - Shri Amar Agarwal (Minister of Commerce) Shri Santosh Kumar Choubey
(Chancellor) along with other Members of the Parliament and MLAs of various
The Dr. C.V. Raman University, Chhattisgarh is a premium University that maintains a
unique pedagogy and innovative teaching methodology. The cool serene ambience of the
campus provides an ideal academic environment for the students, away from the concrete
jungle of the city.
• Other recognitions include AICTE, NCTE and DEC
• Member of AIU (Association of Indian Universities)
• It is the first University in the state of Chhattisgarh to be awarded
an ISO:9001-2008 Certification
The main objects of the Institute as approved by the legislative act are as follows :
1. To provide instructions, teaching and training in Higher Education and to make provision
for research, advancement and dissemination of knowledge.
2. To create higher levels of intellectual abilities.
3. To establish state of the art facilities for education and training.
4. To carry out teaching and research and to offer continuing education programmes.
5. To create centres of excellence for research and development for sharing knowledg and
6. To provide consultancy to the industry and public organisations.
7. To establish main campus in Chhattisgarh and to have study centres at different places in
India and other countries.
8. To establish examination centres.
9.To institute degrees, diploma, certificates and other methods of evaluation.
OUR TEACHING METHODOLOGY
(i). Regular Teaching Training.
(ii). Study Material for self study.
(iii). Practical facilities at the Study Centre.
(iv). Use of Audio/Video facilities for teaching.
(v). Online Training.